Plumber Registration in Victoria
In Victoria, a person must be registered or licensed with the Victorian Building Authority(VBA) to legally carry out plumbing works. Plumbers typically apply for registration after completing a Certificate III in plumbing, plus 4 years of experience. Licencing typically requires attainment of Certificate IV in Plumbing plus successful completion of further assessment in the 8 areas of plumbing.
The primary differences between a registered and licensed plumber are:
- All licensed plumbers are required to hold minimum levels of insurance
- Licensed plumbers are required to provide certificates of compliance for specific plumbing works carried out in Victoria.
A registered plumber would need to work under the supervision of a licensed plumber where a certificate of compliance needs to be issued.
A certificate of compliance certifies the work carried out by the licensed plumbing complies with the prescribed plumbing standards.
Consumers can access further information about plumbing requirements on the VBA website.
Our Plumbers are:
- licensed & insured
- working with children checked
- white card holders (induction to construction industry)
- engaged in life-long learning (i.e ‘re-freshers’ courses in Carbon Monoxide testing).